Thursday, March 29, 2012
Information literacy: the work of librarians past and present
Thank you for supporting the library budget
Book reviews and other events every Tuesday at noon in the Main Branch.
The minute somebody turns it on,
I go to the library and read a book."
- Groucho Marx
Consider a Gift to the Annual Appeal
It's clear, you love your libraries! We hope you'll consider making a generous contribution to APL's Annual Appeal.
The Albany Public Library changes lives, answering life's most complex questions and serving as the public's destination for social, intellectual and cultural discourse.
As our world changes, Albany's libraries face new challenges with increased demand for more books, materials, and programs housed in aging and outdated facilities. That's why your annual contribution is so important.
Your gifts to the library though The Albany Public Library Foundation means the difference between adequate libraries and great libraries. With private support, we can expand our collections and services to include more of what customers want in materials, technology, and programs.
So, look for the Annual Appeal information in the mail. We thank you.
Donations can be sent to Albany Public Library Foundation, 161, Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12210. Credit Card contributions can be processed by calling 518-427-4346.
Officers, members of the Friends of the Albany Public Library Board
Roger Owen Green (2016)
Paul Hacker (2016)
Gene Damm (2016)
Jonathan B. Skinner (2014)
Judi Baum (2016)
Members by year of term expiration
(alphabetically by last name within year)
Mary Alice Maynes
David L. Colchamiro
Peter G. Sokaris
Willie Mae Spencer
HONORARY BOARD MEMBERS
- Clark Library Blogs
- Friends FACEBOOK page
- Libgig- library jobs
- Albany Public Library
- The Friends of the Albany Public Library Link on the APL page - includes info on joining
- What's Happening at the APL
- Library of Congress blog
- American Library Association
- New York State Library
- New York Library Association
- Facts about Albany, NY
- Council of Albany Neighborhood Associations
- Biz Ref Desk -- land of the free and the good
- Urban Library Journal
- Resource Shelf
- Google News
- This Liaison Life
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (165)
- ► 2013 (100)
- The Book of the Future
- Information literacy: the work of librarians past ...
- David Carroll of AIHA to address the Albany Roundt...
- APL Seeking Trustee Candidates
- for-profit schools and the value of the education....
- 11th annual Underground Railroad Public History Co...
- Search Engine Use 2012
- Adirondacks Exhibit at the NYS Library
- NYPL Eases the Way For Searching 1940 Census
- New York State Library Announces “Early Literacy P...
- History of Information Organization
- Tiny library raises money with tiny uke and awesom...
- Books, Borges and Those Internet Predictions
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2011 (262)
- ► 2010 (366)
- ► 2009 (374)
- ► 2008 (310)
- ► 2007 (154)