Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Working Papers and Facts for Teenagers under 18

I used to deliver the Evening and Sunday Press in Binghamton, NY. so I have actual experience getting working papers.

An employment certificate, often referred to as "working papers", is required for minors under 18 before they may begin work. High school graduates, minors who work for their parents, and minors who do industrial homework are included in this group.

A recent pamphlet from the New York State Department of Labor, Division of Labor Standards describes types of working papers, how to obtain them, and the details that apply to different age groups. Additional information on topics such as school attendance, child models, and newspaper carriers, as well as contact information for the District Labor Standards Offices, is available at < http://www.labor.state.ny.us/workerprotection/laborstandards/workprot/wphmpg.shtm >here.

No comments: